My family is very opinionated when it comes to pie, but this German Sweet Chocolate Pie is one we all agree on. It really is one of my all-time favorites!
This pie isn’t overly sweet or rich, which unfortunately means I can easily eat more than one piece.
I usually make it for the holidays, but it would also be a great summertime pie. I like to use a chocolate crumb crust, but even a baked pastry-style crust will work.
I love that this pie goes in the freezer to set, so I can make it weeks ahead of time and I have one less thing to prepare for my holiday meal.
In fact, I usually make two and keep one in the freezer for another day. Leftover pie should be stored in the refrigerator.
- 4 ounces Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate
- 1/3 cup milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 9-inch graham cracker or chocolate crumb pie crust
- Heat chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted.
- Beat sugar into cream cheese; add remaining milk and chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping and blend until smooth. Spoon into crust.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature about 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and chocolate curls, if desired.
Total time includes freezing.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is one of those recipes my mom pulled off the Cool Whip container years ago. It’s been a holiday tradition in our family ever since.