DECADENT BROWNIE PIE — A rich chocolate brownie base is topped off with a layer of chocolate ganache in this truly decadent dessert.
My middle-son (the one with great culinary vision) chose this recipe for Decadent Brownie Pie when it was his turn to help with dinner, and I am so glad he did.
This is one of the best dessert recipes I’ve tried in a long time! I mean, it’s basically a gooey brownie covered in chocolate ganache.
My daughter just won a baking contest with this pie…thanks so much for sharing the recipe…your picture sold us on picking this for the contest. ~ Vonda
What’s not to love about that? And it’s easy to make too! The recipe is fairly simple and the ingredients are pretty basic, but the result is something I would pay money for in a restaurant.
I made this a couple weekends ago, and it came out amazing. ~ Amy
There are lots of yummy choices for garnish, including Andes mints, raspberries, ice cream or caramel. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator, but the pie will taste best if you bring it to room temperature before serving.
I hope you love this decadent dessert as much as my family did!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Decadent Brownie Pie
- Corn syrup
- Walnuts (optional)
- Whipping cream
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Spread batter into a greased 10-inch spring form pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For ganache, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Set aside until cool.
- Remove brownie from spring form pan. Place a wire rack over waxed paper and set brownie on rack.
- Pour ganache over the brownie; spread over top and let drip down sides. Refrigerate until ganache is completely set.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from the Taste of Home Celebrations Cookbook.