PARMESAN SCALLOPED POTATOES — Classic scalloped potatoes made with real cream and Parmesan cheese.
Scalloped potatoes are just so good! And this Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes recipe is simple and delicious.
This is a show stopping side dish for any meal, and definitely nice enough to serve with a holiday dinner. In fact, these scalloped potatoes make a regular appearance on my Easter menu.
Wow! I just tried this recipe for my family (I am only sixteen) and we were all so amazed! With not much cooking experience under my belt I was surprised I could make something so delicious. Best scalloped potatoes we have ever had, what a treat! ~ Audrey
This cheesy, creamy potato dish isn’t exactly low-fat though, so I do try to save it for special occasions. As much as I’d love to eat potatoes covered in cream and cheese on a regular basis, I don’t think my metabolism is up to the task.
And since these potatoes are pretty amazing, it’s really hard to say no to seconds! Hence their special occasion status.
My family loves this recipe. I made it the first time for Christmas dinner and we’ve made it several times since. It is on this week’s meal plan as well. ~ Amy
I usually end up using about 6 medium sized potatoes in this recipe and it seems to work out about right. Russet and Yukon Gold are both good varieties to try in this dish, and I think red skinned potatoes would work well too.
Let’s be honest, any potato is going to be good in this recipe, so use whatever you have on hand.
Be sure to save this Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
I made this for the second time tonight and it was just as good as the first time. I used potatoes that I had grown in my garden which made it even better. Thanks for having recipes I can trust to be yummy! ~ Kristi
Here’s what you’ll need to make Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
- Produce: onion, garlic, potatoes, fresh parsley
- Whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until onion are soft.
- Stir in potatoes, cream, milk, salt, pepper and parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring gently, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 315 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 603mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 8g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from myrecipes.com.