Honestly, I’d never heard of Strawberry Bread until my sister in-law shared this recipe on Facebook. It sounded so good, I had to try it that day!
I replaced one cup of the oil with applesauce, and it still turned out moist and delicious.
It’s a great way to use up older strawberries . . . you know, the ones you hate to throw out, but don’t really want to eat.
I’m sure it would make great muffins too.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 3 eggs until thick and lemon colored. In a separate bowl, mash the strawberries. Add the sugar, mashed strawberries, and oil to the eggs and mix well.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the berry mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 well-greased 9 x 5 loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing bread from pans.
Who Dished It Up First: Andrea, courtesy of The Old Fashioned Strawberry Recipes Cookbook