Why buy fudge sauce when it’s this easy to make you’re own? Since it keeps in the refrigerator for so long, I usually double this recipe. It can be reheated in the microwave when you’re ready to use it. Or, if you don’t feel like reheating, you can just scoop it up and eat it with a spoon, although I don’t think it was intended to be used that way. This is great on ice cream, cake, and even breakfast treats like waffles and pancakes. It also makes a great gift in a pretty jar.
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a small saucepan, combine corn syrup and chocolate chips over medium-low heat.
- Stir occasionally until smooth, 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream until smooth and well blended.
- Serve warm, or cool to room temperature before transferring to an airtight container.
- Store any unused sauce in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food: Great Food Fast cookbook.