BACON PIEROGI BAKE — Pierogi baked in a creamy sauce, then topped with cheese, bacon and green onions.
I never even heard of pierogi until I met my Canadian husband in college. I know, I was missing out! Up until now, I always boiled pierogi then fried them in some butter.
But I think this Bacon Pierogi Bake recipe is the way I’ll be serving pierogi from now on.
The bacon grease/cream cheese sauce is soooooooo yummy. I could have eaten the whole pan myself, but I shared it with my husband and four kids. ~ Tasha
If you’ve never had pierogi, imagine ravioli stuffed with cheesy mashed potatoes. I usually by frozen peirogi from the grocery store and cook them in boiling water, followed by a saute in melted butter.
Some people just boil them, and skip the saute, but I like my pierogi a little crispy. They’re traditionally served with sour cream on the side.
The whole family loved this version of cooking pierogi though, even my husband, who I thought might balk at me messing with the traditional pierogi cooking method.
I shouldn’t have been worried. He loved it just as much as the rest of us!
I’ve had friends make this and personally tell me how much their family loved it. That’s how I know it’s really good!
Made this the other night and it was so good! The whole family enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing such a quick and easy dish! ~ Gwen
I’ve actually started keeping some pierogi in my freezer so I can throw this together at the last minute. It’s one of those meals that I know will disappear, and I won’t hear any complaints.
In fact, this is what my husband calls a “lick your plate” kind of meal. And that’s exactly what he does!
Be sure to save this Bacon Pierogi Bake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Bacon Pierogi Bake
- Frozen pierogies
- Produce: garlic, green onions. tomatoes
- Cream cheese
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen potato and cheddar pierogies
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the pierogies in a lightly greased, 9x9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add garlic to drippings in pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add cream cheese to pan and cook until cream cheese begins to melt, stirring frequently.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth until smooth. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with cooked bacon, green onions and tomato before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 257 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 559mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Green Chile Chicken Pot Pie
A creamy, cheesy green chile and chicken filling is topped off with a delicious biscuit-like topping in this Tex-Mex style comfort food the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Bake
Shredded chicken is mixed with cream cheese and buffalo sauce, then topped off with refrigerated biscuit dough in this spicy comfort food casserole the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Cheesy Ravioli with Ham and Peas
Cheese filled ravioli, diced ham, and peas come together in a creamy sauce for a comfort food style pasta dish that will satisfy the whole family.Get the Recipe
Tex-Mex Tater Tot Casserole
A Southwest seasoned ground beef filling with black beans and corn is topped with cheese and crunchy tater tots in this remake of a classic hot dish.Get the Recipe
Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna
Layers of ravioli, marinara sauce and cheese combine in this easy, lasagna-style dish the whole family will love!Get the Recipe
Meatball Sub Casserole
Everything you love about a meatball sub sandwich in convenient casserole form.Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves.