CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP — Frozen egg noodles make this chicken soup with a creamy broth extra special.
I plan all of my meals ahead of time, and after days of nearly 80 degree weather, I felt like a genius for having this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup on the menu when we woke up to 8 inches of snow earlier this week.
This is true comfort food, and the “homemade” noodles and creamy texture just add to the comfort level.
I just wanted to say I’ve made this about 20 times now and it’s the best. It’s our go to snow day, sick day, happy day, whatever day. We call it love soup in our house because it’s a warm hug and a lot of love in one bowl . I’m so glad I stumbled upon this recipe a couple of years ago! ~ Natalie
The noodles are commonly found in the freezer section of most grocery stores, alongside other frozen pastas.
This is the chicken soup recipe my mom always used, so I’m not kidding when I say it’s a family favorite.
In fact, I’ve been making this soup for my own family for over 20 years now, and I’ve never found a basic chicken noodle soup recipe I like more than this one.
This soup is INCREDIBLE!!!! What a huge hit on this cold snowy night. My extremely picky six year old daughter even loved it!! This is a keeper for sure! ~ Rachel
If you want to make this soup even more filling, try adding some peeled, cubed potatoes.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, I think this tastes even better the next day. I hope you love this chicken noodle soup as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Produce: carrots, celery, onions
- Chicken broth
- Cream of chicken soup
- Frozen eggs noodles
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped or shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thaw noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, celery and carrots and saute until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to vegetables in pot and bring to a simmer. Add chicken breasts and boil until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks; set aside. Add the milk to the pot and return to a boil.
- Gently stir the thawed noodles into the broth, along with the shredded chicken.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir in cream of chicken soup and simmer a few minutes more.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My mom got this recipe from a church cookbook years ago. This is the way she always made chicken noodle soup and it’s still my favorite chicken soup recipe.