I’ve tried a lot of pumpkin bread recipes and this one never fails me. I prefer to make it in mini loaf pans or muffin tins and decrease the baking time to 20-25 minutes for muffins and 35-40 for mini loaves. I also like to use mini chocolate chips if I have them handy, and have successfully replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce. I’ve also been known to throw in an over-ripe banana.
Some people like to put raisins in their pumpkin bread, but why would you do that if there was chocolate available? This does make a lot, but it freezes well. And I’m sure your friends wouldn’t mind if you shared. I usually get about 8 mini loaves or 2 dozen muffins from one recipe.
Best Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pans. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 24
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com