FIFTEEN MINUTE SKILLET GRANOLA — Delicious, crunchy granola made in just fifteen minutes on your stove top. No more baking and stirring for hours to make your own granola at home!
Granola is one of my favorite breakfast foods, and I really love to make it myself at home. So I’ve tried a lot of homemade granola recipes and this Fifteen Minute Skillet Granola is by far my favorite.
First, I love the sesame seeds. Why did I never think of adding sesame seeds to my granola before?
Admittedly, most of the ingredients in this recipe are optional, and can be omitted or changed to suit your tastes, but I highly recommend including the sesame seeds!
I also love how quick and easy this granola is to make. It doesn’t require hours of baking, with frequent stops for stirring. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.
I also love the toasted, nutty taste that results with the skillet method. I actually cook mine about 12 minutes (or as long as I can possibly cook it without burning it) because I love the toasty taste so much!
This granola will keep well for several weeks in an airtight container at room temperature. It can also be frozen for longer term storage. But it never lasts that long at my house!
This granola is delicious eaten straight from the bowl with milk, and makes a great topping for yogurt and fruit. Once you try this recipe, you may never go back to store-bought granola!
Be sure to save this Fifteen Minute Skillet Granola recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Fifteen Minute Skillet Granola
- Rolled oats
- Brown sugar
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Dried cranberries or other dried fruit (optional)
- 4 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit, optional)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the honey, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add the oats, nuts, coconut, sunflower kernels and sesame seeds to the pan and stir until well coated with the butter/sugar mixture.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently until granola is a dark golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in dried cranberries or other dried fruit if using. Pour onto a cookie sheet to cool.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: My friend Erin brought me some homemade granola, mentioning how she’d made it in a skillet. I proceeded to eat the entire bag, then began scouring the internet for skillet granola recipes. This is my variation of the many recipes and methods I discovered.