CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE — This moist, delicious pound cake is studded with fresh cranberries. Perfect for Christmas!
One of my favorite ingredients for holiday baking is the cranberry. And this Cranberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake is easily the best thing I’ve made with cranberries in a long time!
This cake was amazing! Dense and moist, it was perfect mix of sweet and tart. And I love that it’s simple to make, yet elegant enough to serve as a Christmas dessert.
Made this tonight and it was fantastic! The cake itself was sweet, but the cranberries’ tartness was just the right balance. Will definitely make it again this season! ~ Marcy
This cake really doesn’t need any kind of frosting, but I topped mine with a bit of powdered sugar glaze, just to make it look pretty. A dollop of whipped cream would be delicious too.
This cake is best when made ahead and allowed to sit overnight.
As with all bundt cakes, make sure you grease your pan generously–I like to use Baker’s Joy. I suspect it would also work well baked in loaf pans, but I haven’t tried it, so don’t quote me on that.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Cream cheese
- Produce: lemons, fresh cranberries
- Almond extract
- Cake flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Add the sugar, then turn the mixer to med-high and cream for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and zest, almond extract, and vanilla and mix well. Stir in salt.
- Add the cake flour in two batches.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the cake has browned and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 373 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 193mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 33g Protein: 4g
Made this for Christmas and put a lemon glaze on it. It was delightful and very well received. Thank you for the amazing recipe!!!! ~ Miss L
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride.