If you need a last minute Valentine’s Day treat, then these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are just what you’re looking for!
If you’ve ever tried making red velvet batter from scratch, you know it takes about a gallon of red dye. Plus, cake mix cookies are always soft and chewy, just the way cookies should be.
And did I mention these are quick and easy? My kids kept pressuring me to get a picture taken so they could eat more!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar (for rolling the cookies, about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and flour until well mixed.
- Stir in the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the powdered sugar to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set and cookies begin to crack.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 2-3 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.