Pulled pork is a dinner-time staple at our house. Whether it’s for tacos or sandwiches, everyone loves it. And this flavorful Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork is one of our new favorites.
I love that this is so easy to throw everything into a slow cooker and forget about it until dinner time. Especially during those hot summer days when I don’t want to turn on my oven. Barbecue and pineapple are perfect with pork, and everyone agreed that the pineapple is what makes these pulled pork sandwiches stand out. Just about any kind of barbecue sauce will work, so use your favorite. I’ve even (unknowingly) made it with pineapple-orange juice and that was fabulous too. It’s great topped with your favorite coleslaw, but I always serve that on the side, since not everyone is a fan. Honestly, crowd-pleasing, family friendly meals don’t get any easier than this.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (2-3 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 6-8 hamburger buns
- Your favorite coleslaw, for topping (optional)
- Place pork tenderloin in a lightly greased crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the pork.
- In another small bowl, stir together the minced garlic, pineapple juice and barbecue sauce. Pour over the pork. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the pork and serve on hamburger buns.Top with additional barbecue sauce and your favorite coleslaw, if desired.
- Serving Size: 8
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves.