STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM MUFFINS WITH ALMOND STREUSEL — Strawberry muffins with a delicious cream cheese filling and an almond streusel topping. Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack.
These gorgeous Strawberries and Cream Muffins with Almond Streusel have become one of my favorites, with their combination of fresh strawberries and sweetened cream cheese.
Not to mention the streusel topping. I never met a muffin that wasn’t improved by the addition of a streusel topping.
Really, you could use any kind of nuts in your topping, and for that matter, most varieties of berries would work well too.
The end result is kind of a muffin-berry cheesecake combination. What’s not to love about that? These muffins certainly didn’t last long at my house!
These strawberry studded muffins are easy to make, yet nice enough for a Mother’s Day brunch or other special occasions. And the perfect way to use those in-season strawberries.
Whether you need a quick grab-and-go breakfast or a sweet after school snack, this muffin recipe is a must try. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Strawberries and Cream Muffins with Almond Streusel
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
Strawberries and Cream Muffins with Almond Streusel
Strawberry muffins with a delicious cream cheese filling and an almond streusel topping. Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 muffins
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cream cheese filling until smooth; set aside.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the flour and sugar in a small bowl. Cut in the butter. Stir in the almonds; set aside
- To make the muffins, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla and eggs until incorporated. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tins, filling them no more than 1/2 full. Sprinkle a few pieces of strawberry over each muffin.
- Top the strawberries with a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture, a tablespoon more of muffin batter, and a few more pieces of strawberry. Sprinkle the streusel over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes, or until muffins are light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing them to a rack to cool.
Keywords: strawberry, almond, muffins
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Lick the Bowl Good.