I know. Pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Like you’ve never seen that before. But this is copycat Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread people!
Who knows, maybe you’ve seen that too. I, however, had never come across this recipe until just a few weeks ago when my sister told me about it.
She just kept raving, telling me how she’d thrown all of her other pumpkin bread recipes right out of her recipe box. So of course I had to try it.
Now I know what she was raving about. This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is just about perfect.
I’ll be honest with you, I’ve never had the actual Great Harvest version, but according to my sister, this is a pretty good imitation.
Regardless, it’s absolutely delicious and it bakes up beautifully. This makes two good sized loaves, so I like to put one away in the freezer for later.
Be sure to save this Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1 /2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease two (9×5 inch) loaf pans or three (8×4 inch) loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs, vanilla and water.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes in pans before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 16
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Joan’s Bunchberry Bites