BLACKBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE — Fresh or frozen blackberries, sour cream, and a few pantry staples come together in this delightful pie that will quickly become a family favorite!
The first time I made this Blackberry Sour Cream Pie, I unknowingly bought way too many blackberries, so I decided to just go ahead and make two pies. Oh my goodness! I’m so glad I did, because both of them were gone within 24 hours.
I do have three hungry boys to feed (four if you count my husband), but still, I think that’s some kind of record.
I made this recipe today using blackberries I picked from the bushes along our lane in North Carolina. It was easy to make and delicious. It will be made again once I have picked enough berries for the next pie. ~ Kathryn
Honestly, when my oldest son chose this pie for dessert one weekend, I wasn’t all that excited about it. It just didn’t look like much of a pie to me.
And the short and strange ingredient list had me worried too. I should know by now that my kids have quite a knack for choosing delicious recipes, and this pie was no exception.
To say we all loved it would be an understatement. And it was so easy!
I know blackberry pie might not be a long-standing tradition on the Thanksgiving table, but I am definitely adding it to our menu. Sometimes, you just need to start new traditions!
My granddaughter made this pie for a family supper and my husband when crazy for it. I asked her to send me the recipe and she emailed me the link to this web site.
I am so glad she did, I am amazed at all the delicious looks recipes and I can’t wait to try some of them! ~ Sherry
*Note: You can use fresh or frozen blackberries, but the cooking times are quite different, so be sure to make note of that in the recipe. I used frozen berries and a Marie Callender frozen pie crust.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Blackberry Sour Cream Pie
- Pie crust
- Sour cream
- Frozen blackberries
Blackberry Sour Cream Pie
Fresh or frozen blackberries, sour cream, and a few pantry staples come together in this delightful pie that will quickly become a family favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25-50 min
- Total Time: -25704045.966667 minute
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 recipe for a single crust pie, or 1 rolled refrigerated unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blackberries or 1 (16-oz.) package frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Let frozen berries stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add the blackberries and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon filling into pre-baked crust. To prevent over-browning, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes if using fresh berries, or 50 minutes if using frozen berries. Remove foil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and appears set.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve or cover and refrigerate.
Keywords: blackberry, sour cream, pie
I have made this pie for years, my grandmothers recipe. You can use it for apple, peach, etc. All work just as well. Only difference is we never prebaked pie shell, but that might help if you tend to get a soggy crust. ~ Kathi
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens