NO-BAKE 15 MINUTE THIN MINTS — Make your own Thin Mint cookies at home in just 15 minutes!
Okay, these fabulous chocolate mint wafer cookies might take you 20 minutes to make. Especially if you stop to eat all the unused cookie cream filling.
But the point is, these No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints are so very, very easy. And yes, they do taste remarkably like the Girl Scout version!
I’m almost afraid to put this in writing, because I truly do love Girl Scouts cookies and I want everyone to buy them, but (gasp!) some people in my family said they were even better than the originals.
I feel slightly less guilty saying that because it is December, so unless you had quite a stash of Thin Mints in your freezer (and a whole lot of willpower) it’s not a cookie that typically makes an appearance during the holiday season. Until now!
One very important tip when making this recipe: use candy flavoring oils (rather than extracts). Extracts may cause your chocolate to seize.
I can’t say I thought of the idea for this quick and easy version of Thin Mints, but it’s absolutely brilliant! And it really is a perfect holiday cookie.
Your friends and neighbors are going to love you. If you decide to share, that is!
Be sure to save this No-Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make No Bake 15 Minute Thin Mints
- Semisweet chocolate
- Creme de menthe flavoring
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon creme de menthe oil flavoring (or peppermint oil flavoring)
- Carefully separate Oreos. Scrape of filling and discard (or eat).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power, stirring every 30-60 seconds until smooth. Alternately, you can melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove top.
- Stir mint extract into melted chocolate.
- Rest a chocolate wafer on the tines of a fork and lower into the melted chocolate until completely coated.
- Tap fork on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Set on wax paper to cool.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate wafers. Leave at room temperature until set.
Use candy flavoring oils (rather than extracts). Extracts may cause your chocolate to seize.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 75 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 27mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from: Top With Cinnamon