The weather is warming up, which means we’ve pulled the patio furniture out of storage and dusted off the outdoor grill. We decided to start our summer grilling season off with these delicious BBQ Steak and Pineapple Kabobs, complete with a tangy barbecue sauce marinade.
We included some fresh veggies too, but we all agreed that the pineapple was the best part of the meal!
Just in time for the summer barbecue season, KC Masterpiece® is celebrating it’s 35th anniversary with KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce.
Back in 1978, Dr. Rich Davis – a physician and barbecue aficionado – created KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce in Kansas City, where he won “Best Sauce” at the very first American Royal Barbecue sauce competition.
The limited-edition, anniversary sauce pays tribute to the original “Blue Ribbon” blend created by Dr. Davis all those years ago.
We consume a lot of barbecue sauce at our house–my youngest is a particularly big fan–and the whole family agreed that the KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce was worthy of a “Best Sauce” award.
It made a perfect marinade and basting sauce for our kabobs.
A few tips on making kabobs: try to keep all of your ingredients about the same size, so they’ll finish cooking at about the same time.
If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before cooking. If you’re cooking something that takes longer than 5 minutes to cook (like this recipe does) metal skewers are best.
And you don’t need to limit yourself to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Feel free to use chicken, pork, add different vegetables, or go totally meat free. Just don’t leave out the pineapple!Print
Barbecue Steak and Pineapple Kabobs
Steak, peppers and pineapple, basted with barbecue sauce and grilled to perfection!
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1.5 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, stir together KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce and lemon-lime soda. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for basting.
- Pace beef in a zip top bag and pour remaining barbecue sauce mixture into bag. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove beef from bag and discard marinade. Arrange the beef, along with the vegetables and pineapple on long skewers.
- Place kabobs on hot grill and baste with reserved sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then turn and baste again. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Total time includes marinading.
Be sure to save this recipe for BBQ Steak and Pineapple Kabobs to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce has been delivering authentic barbecue taste and creating culinary masterpieces for 35 years.
For more recipe ideas, tips and tricks visit www.KCMasterpiece.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.