It can be so hard to get my family together around the table for dinner. Especially during the busy holiday season, when it seems were rushing around to more than the usual number of concerts, performances and parties.
So when I spotted a recipe for Five Cheese, Fifteen Minute Stovetop Mac & Cheese in Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David®” Cookbook, the latest cookbook from David Venable, I knew it was destined to become a favorite family recipe!
I had my cheese all shredded and ready to go ahead of time, but besides that bit of prep work, this mac and cheese really did take just 15 minutes to make!
I love a nice, saucy macaroni and cheese, and this version was pretty much perfect. It was smooth, creamy and had a such great flavor thanks to the blend of five cheeses.
My family devoured it, and it only took a few more minutes than making them macaroni and cheese from a box.
I know this recipe is going to become a lifesaver on busy weeknights when we’re all going in different directions. And although it’s simple, it’s so versatile.
You could substitute cheeses to use what you have on hand, or add meat and veggies for even more variety.
Really, there’s no excuse for not sitting down to dinner together when I can have a delicious, satisfying meal on the table in less time than it takes us to order pizza or swing by the closest drive-through. This is even a dish my teenagers could make for the family.
Back Around the Table is the second cookbook from David Venable, who you may recognize as QVC’s resident foodie.
It features more than 100 brand-new recipes, as well as 30 fan favorites, that highlight David’s spin on traditional comfort food favorites, like Buffalo Chicken Dip, Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast, Chicken Soup with Gnocchi and Sunday Pot Roast and Mimi’s Blackberry Cobbler.
I could go on…..I’m planning to try nearly every recipe in the book. And to me, that’s what makes a cookbook worth buying–an abundance of recipes that I’ll make again and again. There’s even a section for special recipes just for the holidays.
I can see my family sitting around the table enjoying almost every recipe in Back Around the Table, and I know it’s going to become one of my go-to cookbooks when I need to put a family friendly meal on the table, whether it’s for a busy weeknight or a special occasion.
We hope you love the Five Cheese, Fifteen Minute Stovetop Mac & Cheese as much as we do.Print
Five Cheese, Fifteen Minute Stovetop Mac & Cheese
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded yellow extra-sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white sharp Cheddar
- 1 pound gemelli or other pasta twists, cooked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the flour and mustard and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until a thick paste forms, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring until the sauce becomes thick.
- Add the Gouda, Gruyère, Asiago, yellow Cheddar, and white Cheddar, stirring the cheeses until melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt, and white pepper and cook until the ingredients are combined and hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 8
If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit qvc.co/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook.
Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.