SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC PLUM GLAZED PORK TENDERLOIN — Slow cooked pork tenderloin glazed with a sweet and savory balsamic plum sauce.
If you’ve been reading Let’s Dish for long, you know we eat a lot of pork tenderloin around here.
There are just so many easy ways to prepare it, and my boys all love it, so I really can’t go wrong–especially when I top off a pork tenderloin with a delicious glaze.
You are an inspiration in cooking Danelle. If I get stuck or bored with cooking I look up your recipes and I always find something to try. ~ Suzanne
This Balsamic Plum Glazed Pork Tenderloin was inspired by a family favorite, Brown Sugar & Balsamic Pork Loin.
I started my glaze off with some prepared Asian plum sauce for a different twist, then added some brown sugar, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. My family loved it!
The amount of brown sugar you’ll use will vary depending on how sweet your plum sauce is to begin with, so start with less and add more to your liking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Balsamic Plum Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken or beef broth
- Asian plum sauce
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef broth
- 3/4 cup prepared Asian Plum Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Stir garlic into broth and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, make glaze by whisking together ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- During the last 30-40 minutes of cooking, brush some of the plum glaze over the pork, repeating once or twice every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and slice into 1-inch pieces. Serve the remaining glaze on the side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 147 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 567mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Protein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.