EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE — Chocolate mousse doesn’t need to be difficult to make to be delicious. This simple chocolate mousse recipe turns out perfectly every time!
I’ve tried so many recipes for chocolate mousse over the years, but this Easy Chocolate Mousse is the one I keep coming back to. It’s quick, easy, has great texture and flavor, and it never fails me.
his is the kind of dessert that will impress your friends and family, with very little effort on your part.
Tried it lat night for my cousin’s birthday dinner. It really was easy, unlike other recipes for mousse that I have tried that claimed to be simple….. I would not change a thing! Thanks so much for a great recipe. ~ Nicole
It might seem a little unconventional, with marshmallows on the ingredient list, but trust me, it always turns out fabulous! I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips in my mousse, but any chopped chocolate should work.
I can get 12 mini desserts from this recipe, with a bit to spare, so it should make 6-8 very generous servings. You should be fine making half if you’re serving 6 or less.
I like it best served with whipped cream, but it’s also delicious with fresh berries, and makes a great pie filling too!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Heat marshmallows, chocolate and milk in a saucepan over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows and chocolate are melted. Cool completely.
- Beat heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold cooled chocolate mixture in whipped cream until well mixed.
- Spoon or pipe into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Total time does not include refrigeration.
So simple and it felt so fancy. It was really good too! Everyone loved it. Going in my favorites. ~ Kimberly
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Your Easy Chocolate Mousse is indeed so EASY. Awesomely delicious recipe. ~ Anu
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes