CHERRY COLA JALAPENO MEATBALLS — Cocktail meatballs in a spicy cherry cola sauce.
When I make spaghetti and meatballs, two of my three children will have nothing to do with the meatballs. I know. Crazy!
When I made these Cherry Cola Jalapeno Meatballs (50 of them!) there were exactly two left in the bottom of the dish when we finished dinner.
To say my family devoured these meatballs would be an understatement!
These make great appetizers, but we like them best over rice as a main dish.
I really love the convenience of preparing these meatballs in the slow cooker, but you could certainly make the sauce in a large pot then add the meatballs and heat through.
To make my life easier, I use frozen, prepared meatballs, but if you wanted to make your own homemade version, I’m sure they would be absolutely amazing!
Be sure to save this recipe for Cherry Cola Jalapeno Meatballs to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cherry Cola Jalapeno Meatballs
- Frozen meatballs
- Olive oil
- Produce: jalapenos, garlic
- Cherry cola
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
Cherry Cola Jalapeno Meatballs
Cocktail meatballs in a spicy cherry cola sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 50 frozen meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry cola
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place meatballs in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add jalapenos and garlic and cook until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cherry cola and brown sugar to pan. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Whisk cornstarch mixture into the cola mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer another minute or two until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour cola mixture over meatballs in slow cooker. Cook on low for 3-5 hours, or until meatballs are heated through and sauce is bubbly.
Keywords: meatballs, beef, cola, jalapeno
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Kayotic Kitchen