BLACK FOREST DUMP CAKE — All you need are a few simple ingredients–like a chocolate cake mix and some cherry pie filling–to make this easy decadent chocolate cherry dessert.
Sometimes, I crave a rich, chocolate dessert, but I just don’t have the energy to do anything time-consuming or fancy. Enter the Black Forest Dump Cake.
It really is as simple as dumping a few ingredients into a pan. I popped this cake in the oven when we sat down to eat and an hour later, dessert was served.
Although the chocolate chips are optional in this recipe, I think the vanilla ice cream is an absolute must. And honestly, who is going to say no to more chocolate?
Now I always keep the ingredients for this recipe on hand so I can make it for last minute company, or whenever a dessert craving strikes!
Be sure to save this Black Forest Dump Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Black Forest Dump Cake
- Cherry pie filling
- Devil’s food cake mix
- Chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- 2 (20 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (18.5 oz.) box Devil's Food cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Dump the cherry pie filling into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the unprepared cake mix evenly over the cherry pie filling.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake for 1 hour (Don't worry if there are a few dry patches in your cake. It won't matter when you scoop it up and top it with ice cream). Spoon warm cake into serving dishes or bowls and top with vanilla ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 438mg Carbohydrates: 76g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 29g Protein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Black Forest Truffle Cake
A decadent chocolate cherry cake with a tunnel of chocolate truffle filling inside and a rich chocolate ganache glaze on top.Get the Recipe
Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
It's so easy to make your own cherry pie filling at home with fresh cherries and a few pantry staples. Perfect in pies and as a topping for ice cream and cheesecake.Get the Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Cake: Strawberry ice cream is sandwiched between two decadent chocolate cake layers, then covered in a rich chocolate ganache in this easy but elegant dessert creation.Get the Recipe
No Bake Black Forest Cheesecake
An easy no-bake cheesecake with a chocolate crumb crust, vanilla and chocolate cheesecake layers, topped with cherry pie filling.Get the Recipe
Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake
This amazing chocolate cake starts with a cake mix and couldn't be easier or more decadent.Get the Recipe
Skillet Raspberry Brownies
Rich chocolate brownies are baked with chocolate filled raspberry squares and fresh raspberries in this decadent dessert recipe.Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Dine and Dish