BACON SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH PASTA — Crispy bacon, sauteed shrimp, garlic and butter, tossed with pasta.
Shrimp Scampi is one of my favorite dishes of all time, but I’ve only recently discovered how much better it is with bacon! That’s why I love this Bacon Shrimp Scampi with Pasta!
I think shrimp and bacon make a pretty perfect pair, especially when you toss them with some melted butter, garlic, a dash of lemon and some pasta for a quick and easy meal.
I love so many things about this dish. There’s the bacon, of course, plus the fact that I can have it on the table in about twenty minutes. And my whole family loves it!
I got a great value on Wright® Brand Bacon at my local Walmart, so that’s what I used in this recipe. It comes in a resealable zip-top bag, which is so convenient if you won’t be using all your bacon at once.
And Wright® Brand Bacon comes in big thick slices, which makes it perfect for adding to a hearty meal like this one.
After I cooked my bacon, I sautéed my shrimp in the same pan, which added so much amazing flavor to this dish.
You could stop right there and have a delicious light dinner or appetizer, but since I’m feeding a house full of hungry boys, I always add some pasta to make it a more filling meal.
We don’t often have leftover bacon around here, but when we do, I put the cooked strips in a zip-top bag and put them in the freezer.
Then it’s super easy to crisp them up in the microwave for a few seconds and crumble them over things like baked potatoes, pasta and salads.
I’m always so excited when I have a bit of bacon in the freezer to crumble over my salad at lunch!
And when I make a dish like this scampi, I often chop and cook the whole package of bacon, even if I won’t be using it all in the recipe.
Then I freeze it the same way and have it ready to use later. That way I can cook bacon once but have it handy to use in several recipes.
Be sure to save this Bacon and Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 4-6 slices Wright® Brand Bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Leave about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet along with the reserved bacon grease. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp to the pan and cook until just pink, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining tablespoon butter, parsley, lemon juice and cooked bacon. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 426 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 175mg Sodium: 1057mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 29g
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.