I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Eagle Brand I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
As soon as eggnog makes an appearance in November, I start buying it, because I know it won’t be around for long. And this holiday season, Eagle Brand has introduced two new flavors of sweetened condensed milk that are also here for a limited time.
Their chocolate and caramel varieties of sweetened condensed milk will bring a rich, creamy texture to so many of your favorite holiday recipes. I just couldn’t resist pairing the caramel flavor with my family’s favorite seasonal beverage to create this Caramel Eggnog Poke Cake.
To say my family loved this cake would be a huge understatement. My 11 year-old took one bite and said “Wow!” I’m pretty sure caramel and eggnog were meant to be together.
And the Eagle Brand limited-edition caramel flavored condensed milk was a great shortcut for adding that delicious caramel flavor to my cake. No more heating up regular sweetened condensed milk to make a caramelized sauce. The work is already done for you!
I’m already making plans for adding the chocolate flavored sweetened condensed milk to recipes where I’d normally have to melt, chop or mix my chocolate.
And yes, the two new flavors are the same great quality Eagle Brand consumers have trusted for over 150 years. When I went through the check-out line with my limited-edition flavors, the cashier took notice and excitedly asked me, “What is this?!!” Then she told me all about how her grandmother cooked and baked with Eagle Brand condensed milk, and how much she would have loved trying these holiday flavors!
For my Caramel Eggnog Poke Cake, I combined the Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk with eggnog to create a flavorful sauce to pour over a white cake.
Then I topped the cake with a layer of white chocolate pudding and finished it off with some eggnog infused whipped cream. Like I said, it was a big hit!
Caramel Eggnog Poke Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 white cake mix plus ingredients for making cake
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog, divided
- 1 (3.3 oz.) box white chocolate instant pudding
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Make cake according to package directions. While cake is baking, whisk together caramel flavored sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 cup eggnog until smooth.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. Poke warm cake all over with the tines of a fork. Pour the caramel and eggnog mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the pudding mix and nutmeg. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate the pudding for about 5 minutes, or until firm. Spread the pudding over the cooled cake and return to the refrigerator.
- With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and eggnog until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pudding layer.
- Return the cake to the refrigerator for at least one hour, or until serving. Dust with additional nutmeg before serving, if desired.
- Serving Size: 16
Be sure to try the Eagle Brand Caramel and Chocolate Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk now, because just like the holidays, they’re here only for a short time. I’m actually planning to stock up, so I can keep using them throughout the year!