As a child, I always knew the holiday season had arrived when my mom put out the Planters peanuts. Planters Cashews and Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts were favorites at our house, especially if company was coming, because they made holiday party entertaining so simple and easy. It still doesn’t seem like the holidays to me without them. And Planters nuts are a regular ingredient in my holiday baking and candy making. I love using Planters nuts to create delicious homemade gifts like this Cherry Ginger Cashew Bark to share with family and friends.
It’s easy to create a tasty chocolate bark with almost any kind of nut, but cashews have always been my favorite. I couldn’t resist having a few while I mixed up my cashew bark. With their unique combination of good fats, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals, nuts are a powerful addition to any holiday recipe.
Besides Planters Cashews, you only need a few other ingredients to make this festive nut bark. I love combining the salty crunch of nuts with some tart, chewy dried fruit, like cherries or cranberries. If you’ve never tried candied ginger, it adds a unique flavor that’s perfect for the holidays. And of course you’ll need some good dark chocolate (or milk, if you prefer).
I like to give my dried cherries a coarse chop, and if your candied ginger is whole, you’ll want to chop that too. Then all you need to do is melt your chocolate and stir everything in. This recipe is pretty forgiving, so don’t worry about adding a little less or more of something. Don’t add too much candied ginger though, or it will overpower the nuts and cherries. You want to be able to taste all of the amazing flavors!
Once everything is well mixed, simply spread it in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet to set. I usually put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to hurry things along.
I like to sprinkle some dried fruit and nuts over the top of my bark too. It just makes it look prettier! Once the chocolate is set, break or cut the bark into pieces and store it at room temperature in an airtight container.
Holiday treats really don’t get any easier than this Cherry Ginger Cashew Bark. Even with last-minute company or unexpected guests, you can whip up a batch in minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to set! My family loved it, and it looks so pretty packaged up for holiday gift giving.Print
Cherry Ginger Cashew Bark
- 18 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Planters Cashews
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons dried cherries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger, divided
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate at 50% power for 1-2 minutes; stir. Continue heating at 50% power for 30-60 second intervals until completely melted and smooth. Stir in 1 cup of cashews, 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries and 2 tablespoons of chopped ginger.
- Spread the chocolate mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Chop the additional 2 tablespoons of cashews and sprinkle over bark, along with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped cherries and 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- Place bark in refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden. Break into bite size pieces and store, covered, in an airtight container for up to one week.
Nutritional info and calorie counts not verified by Planters.
- Serving Size: 18
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.