CHOCOLATE COVERED PEPPERMINT STICKS — Chocolate and peppermint come together in this quick and easy holiday treat! Perfect for stirring your hot chocolate!
I love the idea of packaging up cute holiday treats and giving them away to neighbors, teachers and friends. And these Chocolate Covered Peppermint Sticks are the perfect last-minute holiday gift!
I often find that by the time the holidays have arrived, I still haven’t gotten around to accomplishing what I set out to do. Which is why these Chocolate Covered Peppermint Sticks are my new go-to holiday neighbor gift.
Packaged up on their own, or with a tin of hot chocolate mix, this is a holiday treat everyone will love!
If you can find the Bob’s Sweet Stripe Soft Peppermint Sticks, I definitely recommend going with those. I always see them in Walmart right after Halloween.
I stock up right then and there (and by stock up, I mean I buy half of what’s on the shelves) because I love them so much and can’t find them anywhere else. And if I wait until December, they’re gone!
They are the perfect size and texture for this recipe, especially if you want to just eat your chocolate covered peppermint sticks outright. These chocolate covered peppermint sticks also make great hot cocoa stirrers.
If you can’t get your hands on any Bob’s Sweet Stripes, regular peppermint sticks or even candy canes will work, especially for cocoa stirring.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Covered Peppermint Sticks
- Peppermint sticks
- Dark chocolate melting wafers
- 3 (6 oz.) boxes Bob's Sweet Stripes Peppermint Sticks
- 8 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Melt the chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip each peppermint stick about 2/3 of the way in the chocolate. Tap gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Lay the covered peppermint sticks on the prepared baking sheet.
- After all of the peppermint sticks have been dipped, place them in the refrigerator to finish setting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 57 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 7mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of the South