RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE SWEET ROLLS — A fresh raspberry and cream cheese filling makes these sweet rolls extra special. A perfect pastry for Mother’s Day or Easter brunch!
I don’t make pastries for breakfast very often, but I really can’t resist a good, homemade sweet roll. And these Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls are a heavenly combination of a sweet roll and a fruit and cream cheese danish.
If you’re looking for a special occasion breakfast, these delicious breakfast pastries should definitely be at the top of your list!
I made these as directed with fresh raspberries and all! They were wonderful. Still messy to roll up, but really, really good! This recipe is one of my favorites this year. ~ Grace
Because these rolls are made with “rapid rise” or instant yeast, they come together in no time.
Just make sure you use yeast that is labelled as “rapid rise” or instant, since you mix it right into the dry ingredients, rather than activating it in warm water.
The quick and easy dough is rolled up with a filling of fresh raspberries and cream cheese with a hint of lemon zest. Then they’re baked and finished off with a powdered sugar glaze. Sweet roll perfection!
My family couldn’t stop eating these, or talking about how amazing they were. And I have to agree! They were pretty amazing!
Like most pastries, these are best eaten the day they’re made, but if you do have leftovers, I recommend covering and refrigerating them.
Be sure to save this Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls
- Cream cheese
- Produce: fresh raspberries, lemons
- Powdered sugar
Raspberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls
A fresh raspberry and cream cheese filling makes these sweet rolls extra special. A perfect pastry for Mother’s Day or Easter brunch!
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 1/4 – 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant or rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
For the Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- To make the dough, place the milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat until the butter is melted and the milk is warm. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together 2 cups of flour, instant yeast, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt. Add the egg and the milk mixture to the flour mixture and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Substitute the dough hook for the paddle attachment and gradually add remaining flour or until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl (you may not use all the flour). Continue to knead the dough for 5 minutes. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and let rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine raspberries, remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and cornstarch.
- Roll out dough into a 12 x 14 inch rectangle. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with raspberry mixture, then with lemon zest.
- Starting with a long end, roll the dough into a log and pinch edges closed. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place sweet rolls into the prepared pan and cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- Let rise in a warm place for 40-60 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. When the rolls are finished rising, bake them for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- While the sweet rolls rolls are baking, prepare the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk. Let rolls cool on a wire rack for 2 minutes before spreading the glaze evenly over the top.
Prep time does not include rise time.
Keywords: raspberry, cream cheese, sweet rolls, pastry
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Deliciously Yum