THE BEST NO-ROLL SUGAR COOKIES — Soft, bakery style sugar cookies with no rolling required. Perfect for holiday decorating.
When I’m making sugar cookies for a crowd, I always make these sugar cookie bars. But I’ve been searching for a fabulous, more traditional sugar cookie recipe for years. Friends, this is the one! I present to you The Best No-Roll Sugar Cookies!
When it comes to sugar cookies, not having to roll and cut is a big bonus in my book. These are hands-down the best no-roll sugar cookies I’ve ever made.
Believe me, I’ve tried a lot of sugar cookie recipes, but non of them have been quite right–until now. These are amazingly soft and delicious!
You can roll them in colored sugar before you bake them or frost them afterwards, which is my favorite way to enjoy them.
I’ve even included my favorite frosting recipe for you. You may not use all the frosting, but I never feel like half the recipe is quite enough.
I’m sure you can figure out something tasty to do with the extra frosting. One last tip: for super soft cookies, do not over-bake!
Be sure to save this recipe for The Best No-Roll Sugar Cookiesto your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make The Best No-Roll Sugar Cookies
- Powdered sugar
- Cream of tartar
- Baking soda
- Cream cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugars in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Mix in cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix in flour
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1 1/2 inches with bottom of glass (if the glass sticks, dip it in sugar first).
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Do not over-bake. Let cookies stand for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, combine butter and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and salt. Add powdered sugar in 1-2 cup increments until combined, then add milk one tablespoon at a time until frosting is desired spreading consistency. You may not use all the milk.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 204mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 25g Protein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Land O’ Lakes