After two major winter storms in April, I think it’s finally safe to say that spring has arrived in Colorado. And I’m so excited to share this Spring Orzo with Peas and Lemon with you! Orzo is one of my favorite pastas! I always keep a box or two in my pantry, and I especially love using it in salads and side dishes. It’s great in soups too! I guess I pretty much love it anyway you can make it. But this is hands-down my new favorite way to enjoy this tiny pasta!
Besides peas and lemon, this dish is also packed with fresh herbs, like parsley and dill, and crumbled feta cheese. All of the flavors in this recipe go so well together, and it’s the perfect side for things like grilled chicken or steak. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m thinking this would also be great with asparagus as a substitute for the peas. If we have any leftovers, I usually have them for lunch–it’s actually pretty good cold, but you can warm it up in the microwave if you like. This would be a perfect dish to pack up and take to the office for lunch. This pasta side is so easy to make too! It comes together in about 20 minutes, and my whole family loves it. Even the picky eaters go back for seconds! This is one of those side dishes that nobody ever gets tired of eating, and I know it will be a part of my regular recipe rotation for years to come.Print
Spring Orzo with Lemon, Parsley and Peas
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic, orzo, pepper and salt and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until orzo is golden.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, lemon zest and juice, dill and feta. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 8
Be sure to pin this delicious side dish recipe to your favorite Pinterest board so you can find it later! Trust me, this is definitely one you’ll want to make soon!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Follow my Vegetable & Side Dish board on Pinterest for more great recipes ideas.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Light