ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC BALSAMIC DRIZZLE — Fresh asparagus is oven roasted then drizzled in a balsamic vinegar reduction in this easy but elegant vegetable side dish.
Asparagus has to be one of my favorite seasonal spring vegetables, and this recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Balsamic Drizzle is my favorite new way to prepare it.
Not only do I love the flavor of asparagus, I love that there are a million delicious ways to prepare it, and that it cooks up so quickly. Which makes it perfect for hurried week night dinners, while still being fancy enough to serve to company.
I especially love preparing asparagus this way–roasting gives it a bit of a crispy outside, while the inside still stays tender.
And the garlic balsamic reduction is simply amazing (I’m already dreaming of using it on other vegetables, as well as chicken and beef). If your balsamic gets a little too thick and sticky, just add a bit of water.
One of my favorite things about asparagus is that no matter how you cook it, it never takes longer than 10 minutes! Just keep a close eye on your asparagus while it’s under the broiler. It can go from perfectly done to burnt in a matter of seconds!
A few tips on choosing asparagus: a dark green or purple tinge on the tips is a good sign of quality. The stalks should be firm, but tender, but don’t worry too much about whether the asparagus is thick or thin.
Thicker asparagus is just more mature. Personally, I think the thicker asparagus can sometimes be less tender, but it should still taste just fine.
Be sure to save this recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Balsamic Drizzle to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Balsamic Drizzle
- Produce: asparagus, garlic
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Balsamic Drizzle
Fresh asparagus is oven roasted then drizzled in a balsamic vinegar reduction in this easy but elegant vegetable side dish.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler to high with rack about 4 inches from heating element. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Spray asparagus with non-stick cooking spray. Broil for 10 minutes, or until asparagus is charred and just tender, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- While asparagus cooks, combine garlic and balsamic vinegar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until vinegar is syrupy.
- Drizzle vinegar over asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
Keywords: asparagus, balsamic vinegar
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cooking Light