STRAWBERRY LEMON PIE — Fresh strawberries are piled into flaky pie crust then finished off with a sweet glaze and a sprinkling of lemon zest. The perfect spring or summer dessert!
Nothing says summer to me like fresh strawberries. Unless it’s a fresh strawberry pie.
I just love all of those sweet, ripe strawberries piled high in a flaky crust and covered in a sweet and tangy glaze.
When it comes to the perfect dessert for a backyard barbecue or neighborhood potluck, this beautiful Strawberry Lemon Pie is about as summery as a pie can get!
There are so many ways to make fresh strawberry pie. In fact, I don’t think I’ve every tried a strawberry pie I didn’t like, but this version, with a homemade glaze and a hit of lemon and fresh mint, is my absolute favorite.
I can’t think of a sweeter, more refreshing way to celebrate summer.
If you have the time, feel free to make your favorite homemade pie crust for this pie. I’m not ashamed to say I use frozen or refrigerated crust most of the time.
I’m forever trying to achieve a balance between simple and delicious in my kitchen, and prepared pie crust is one of the ways I achieve that balance. So believe me, I won’t judge.
This pie is wonderful on its own, or with a dollop of whipped cream on top. One tip: this pie is best eaten the day it’s made.
After too long, the juices from the berries start to soften up the crust, so I recommend eating it within 4-5 hours. But don’t worry, you won’t have any trouble finishing it off!
Be sure to save this Strawberry Lemon Pie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Strawberry Lemon Pie
- Pie crust
- Produce: strawberries, lemons
- Red food coloring (optional)
Strawberry Lemon Pie
Fresh strawberries are piled into flaky pie crust then finished off with a sweet glaze and a sprinkling of lemon zest. The perfect spring or summer dessert!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 prepared crust for a single crust pie
- 8-9 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- To prepare the glaze, combine 1 1/2 cups of the strawberries and the water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Add the strawberry puree and mix well.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in food coloring (if using) and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Cool for 10 minutes without stirring.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining strawberries and the glaze, tossing gently to coat strawberries. Transfer the strawberry mixture to the prepared pie crust.
- Chill pie for 1-2 hours, or until set. Before serving, garnish with remaining lemon zest and fresh mint leaves.
Total time doe not include chilling.
Keywords: strawberry, lemon, pie
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens