PRESSURE COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF — Made in the Instant Pot, this is the most tender beef stroganoff you’ll ever have!
So I’ve been seeing these electric pressure cookers all over the place lately, and I finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought one.
Followed your recipe exactly and we loved it. The beef was tender and flavorful, and the sauce had plenty of taste. Thanks for the recipe. It’s a keeper. ~ Joan
Maybe your mom had a pressure cooker when you were a kid, like mine did. I don’t know about you, but I thought it was the scariest thing in her kitchen. Whenever she used it, I was pretty sure it was going to explode!
But with these new-fangled electric pressure cookers, you’ll have none of that scary steam hissing from the pot.
The best thing about a pressure cooker, of course, is that it’s fast! Super fast!
In fact, after 30 minutes in an Instant Pot (which is the brand I purchased) the beef in this stroganoff was much more tender than any beef stroganoff I’ve ever made in my slow cooker.
Since my husband loves beef stroganoff, it was the first recipe I tried in my Instant Pot, and boy was it ever a hit. We really couldn’t believe how tender the meat was.
And I also love that you can use the Instant Pot to brown. In this case, I browned the beef before cooking it, and also sautéed the mushrooms and onions before turning on the pressure.
This recipe is amazing! I followed the recipe exactly and have zero complaints. We will be enjoying this one again very soon! ~ Sandy
Served over a bed of egg noodles, this meal was true comfort food, and I absolutely love that it came together so quickly!
Don’t even get me started on how awesome electric pressure cookers are at making things like cheesecake and creme brulee.
I promise, those recipe will show up here in the near future. For now, enjoy this delicious beef stroganoff. It’s the perfect meal for a chilly fall day!
Be sure to save this Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Spices: salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, paprika
- Sirloin tip roast
- Olive oil
- Produce: onion, mushrooms, garlic
- Beef broth
- Sour cream
- Egg noodles, for serving
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2.5 lbs. Sirloin Tip Roast, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles, for serving
- In a gallon sized zip top bag, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary and paprika. Add the cubed beef and toss to coat.
- Set the pressure cooker to browning and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Working in small batches, taking care not to over crowd the pot, brown the meat on all sides. Remove the beef to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the pressure cooker, adding more oil if needed and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Return the beef to the pressure cooker, along with any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Stir in the beef broth.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and set it to high for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes has elapsed, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the steam. This will take 10-15 minutes. Carefully remove lid.
- Place the sour cream into a small bowl and ladle about 1/4 cup of the hot liquid from the pressure cooker into the sour cream and stir.
- Stir the sour cream mixture back into the pressure cooker with the meat. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, to taste. Serve over egg noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 216mg Sodium: 739mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 61g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast with Gravy
Just a few simple ingredients are all you need to make this flavorful, tender pot roast with gravy. The pepperoncini peppers add a unique, amazing flavor!Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Cranberry Brisket
This tender, slow cooked beef brisket is served with a savory cranberry glaze, making it the perfect main dish for your holiday dinner.Get the Recipe
Herb and Garlic Meatloaf with Garlic Butter Sauce
Homemade meatloaf, loaded with fresh herbs and topped off with warm garlic butter sauce.Get the Recipe
Best Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Brisket
Beef brisket is covered in a blend of savory spices and liquid smoke, then smothered in your favorite barbecue sauce and slow cooked to perfection. The most delicious, tender brisket you'll ever try!Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
Roast beef, mushrooms, carrots and onion, slow cooked in a tomato based sauce with Italian seasonings, then served over noodles.Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef
Roast beef is slow cooked until tender, then finished off with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze.Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from the Hungry Housewife.