SNICKERS CANDY BAR FUDGE — A fudge base topped with a layer of peanuts and caramel, then finished off with a layer of chocolate.
I confess, I’m not a huge fudge person. But I am here to tell you, if you make one fudge or candy recipe this holiday season, make this Snickers Candy Bar Fudge!
This decadent chocolate, peanut and caramel treat was a delicious hybrid of fudge and candy bar, which is probably why I liked it so much. And my family loved it too.
They’re also not big fudge fans, but they couldn’t get enough of this. Same with the friends we shared it with. Everyone kept saying things like, “I don’t really like fudge, but this is really good!”
And unlike some fudge recipes, this one is super easy! It’s all done in the microwave–no candy thermometer required.
Simple and delicious makes it a win-win for me, especially during the busy holiday season!
A few things to note: the chocolate mixture for the base will be very thick, like fondant, so don’t hesitate to use your hands to get all the powdered sugar mixed in.
Also, I think this would be amazing with other kinds of nuts. I’m already planning to try an almond and a cashew version!
Finally, I used an 1100 watt microwave, so if yours is different, you may need to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
This was such a hit, I’m planning on this fudge becoming a regular part of our holiday season. I can’t wait more to enjoy myself, as well as to share with friends and neighbors! I hope you love it as much as we did.
Be sure to save this Snickers Candy Bar Fudge recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Snickers Candy Bar Fudge
- Evaporated milk
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil
Snickers Candy Bar Fudge
A fudge base topped with a layer of peanuts and caramel, then finished off with a layer of chocolate.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 36 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Line a 8 or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang. Butter the parchment.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, sugar and evaporated milk. Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and whisk until smooth.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Use your hands to fully blend in powdered sugar, if needed. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat the caramels and water on high for 1 minute, 15 seconds, or until melted. Stir in peanuts. Spread peanut and caramel mixture over fudge layer in pan.
- Microwave chocolate chips and vegetable oil at 50% power for one minute; stir. Continue to microwave at 15 seconds intervals until completely melted and smooth. Spread melted chocolate over caramel layer.
- Chill until firm. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: candy, fudge, peanuts
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home