Barbecue Smoked Sausage Chili
This smoky barbecue chili features smoked sausage and three kinds of beans for a hearty, heartwarming meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (14 oz.) smoked sausages, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large, lightly greased slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese and chopped green onions, for garnish, if desired.
Keywords: sausage, barbecue, chili