CHEESY EVERYTHING MONKEY BREAD — Refrigerated biscuit dough is coated in cheese and everything bagel seasonings in this buttery, delicious pull-apart bread.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love monkey bread. Although I most often think of it as a sweet treat–something I’d enjoy for breakfast. Well, this Cheesy Everything Monkey Bread is about to change the way you think about monkey bread!
This savory monkey bread takes all of your favorite everything bagel toppings, combines them with biscuit dough, butter, garlic and cheese for one amazing pull-apart bread creation!
Individual pieces of dough are coated in butter and garlic salt, then coated with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced onion, fresh parsley, and two kinds of cheese.
Not only does it taste amazing, it’s also makes for one beautiful pan of bread.
There are so many different and delicious flavors in this monkey bread, it was hard for me to say which topping was my favorite–but the sesame seeds and minced onions were definitely at the top of my list.
And don’t worry, you don’t have to use the exact toppings I did. You can easily switch up the herbs and cheeses and still have wonderful results. But I recommend using the everything bagel toppings.
One note about the poppy seeds: I found it worked better to sprinkle those on, rather than rolling the dough in them. Otherwise you’ll end up with a LOT of poppy seeds stuck to your bread.
This does make a big batch of monkey bread, so I recommend serving it to a larger group. Although we warmed up the leftovers the next day and they were still delicious.
But one thing is for sure, you’re going to love this buttery, savory seasoned bread!
Be sure to save this Cheesy Everything Monkey Bread recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Everything Monkey Bread
- Canned buscuits
- Garlic salt
- Toppings: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced dried onions, fresh parsley, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese
Cheesy Everything Monkey Bread
Refrigerated biscuit dough is coated in cheese and everything bagel seasonings in this buttery, delicious pull-apart bread.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 (16 oz.) cans Grands biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- At last 5 of the following coatings (about 1/3 cup of each)
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced onion
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a budnt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters. Stir garlic salt into melted butter. Place coatings into small bowls.
- Dip each biscuit piece in butter and garlic mixture, then roll each ball in the desired coating and arrange the biscuits pieces in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until biscuits are done and surface is golden. Cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking to prevent the top of the monkey bread from getting to dark.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Eat directly from the pan, or run a small spatula or butter knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the bread, then invert onto a plate. Serve warm!
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Good Dinner Mom