TEX MEX WHITE CHICKEN SPAGHETTI — Spaghetti in a spicy white cheddar cheese sauce, with chicken, diced tomatoes and cilantro.
This Tex Mex White Chicken Spaghetti was no exception. Everyone loved it and came back for seconds!
Rotel tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and cayenne give this savory pasta dish it’s Tex Mex flare.
Add as much or as little cayenne as you like. I usually add just pinch, but if you like things really spicy, feel free to add more.
And the white cheddar cheese makes for a more elegant looking, restaurant quality dish. This isn’t just another mac and cheese dinner, that’s for sure!
You can use white or whole wheat spaghetti in this dish, and linguine or even fettuccine also work well. I like to top things off with some chopped fresh tomatoes and cilantro.
This recipe makes plenty to serve a crowd, but it can easily be halved to serve four or fewer people.
I made this on a night when two of my boys were gone, and there were enough for three of us to enjoy it for two days!
For extra convenience, I used a supermarket rotisserie chicken, but you can certainly cook and shred your own chicken. I’m all about convenience though.
Just one more reason I love this easy dinner–it was on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Delicious, quick and easy, and loved by everyone who tried it. This Tex Mex White Chicken Spaghetti is a winner in my book, and we’ll definitely be having it again soon.
Be sure to save this Tex Mex White Chicken Spaghetti recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Tex Mex White Chicken Spaghetti
- Spaghetti or linguine
- Produce: onions, garlic, fresh cilantro, tomatoes
- Chicken stock
- Sour cream
- White cheddar cheese
- Canned diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced tomatoes, for garnish, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes more. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk. Stir in sour cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring often, until sauce is thickened.
- Add white cheddar cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chilies, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add cooked spaghetti and chicken and to coat everything evenly in sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Garnish with additional chopped cilantro and diced tomatoes, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 513 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 580mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 29g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves