BERRY OATMEAL COOKIE STACKS — Crispy oatmeal cookies layered with pastry cream and fresh berries for an easy but elegant dessert.
I love serving dishes that are easy but elegant, and these Berry Oatmeal Cookie Stacks definitely fall into that category.
With three levels of crispy oatmeal cookie, a faux pastry cream filling, and lots of fresh berries, these cookie stacks are sure to impress your friends and family!
The best part is, they are so easy to make! The lacy oatmeal cookies use just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
And I have to say, they are so delicious on their own, I had trouble not eating them all before the berries and cream filling was ready.
The faux pastry cream filling is a combination of vanilla instant pudding and fresh whipped cream.
Of course, you can always make pastry cream completely from scratch, or even go with just whipped cream. Either way, these cookie stacks will be amazing!
My family agreed that this is one of the best desserts we’ve had in a long time! And with all those fresh berries, it’s perfect for spring and summer.
I like to use a mix of different berries, but you could stick with just one or two if you prefer. And I’m already planning to try this dessert with a variety of fruit.
The possibilities for cookie stack desserts are practically endless!
Another reason I love this dessert–most of it can be made ahead of time. Then all you have to do is assemble your cookie stacks right before serving.
If you’re looking for an simple yet delicious dessert that is sure to impress, these Berry Oatmeal Cookie Stacks are just what you need!
Be sure to save this recipe for Berry Oatmeal Cookie Stacks to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Berry Oatmeal Cookie Stacks
- Brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- Old fashioned oats
- Heavy cream
- Almond extract
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Fresh berries
Berry Oatmeal Cookie Stacks
Crispy oatmeal cookies layered with pastry cream and fresh berries for an easy but elegant dessert.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
For the cookies:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
For the berries and cream filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3-4 cups fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and corn syrup and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and chopped nuts, mixing well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the oat mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2.5 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 13-15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets. Using a metal spatula, transfer the crisps to a large flat plate or sheet of parchment to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by beating the cream, sugar and extracts with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth. let stand 5 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mix until well combined.
- To make cookie stacks, dollop pastry cream onto a cookie, then top with berries. Repeat twice, ending with pastry cream and berries. If you want to make more servings, simply stack the cookies two high instead of three.
Keywords: berries oatmeal, cookie, pastry cream
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Good Dinner Mom