DULCE DE LECHE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS — Soft oatmeal cookie bars filled with dulce de leche and sprinkled with chocolate chips.
I love a good bar cookie! It’s just so convenient to throw everything into a pan and bake it all at once. And these Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a new favorite at my house!
Just look at all that gooey dulce de leche caramel! If you’ve never tried dulce de leche, think of it as an extra rich, extra thick caramel sauce. What’s not to love about that.
I usually find it in the baking aisle beside the evaporated and sweetened condensed milk.
And let me tell you, it turns your average bar cookie into something extra special and decadent. I took a batch of these to a youth group class recently and the kids devoured them.
Come to think of it, my own kids devoured them too!
Besides being amazingly delicious, these oatmeal cookie bars are so easy to make. In fact, you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry right now.
And if you ever needed a reason to keep some dulce de leche handy, this is it! Then you can whip up a batch of these chocolate and caramel treats any time the craving strikes.
I typically use semi sweet chocolate chips in this recipe, but milk, dark, or even a combination work great. And did I mention that these bars are really heavenly with a glass of cold milk?
It’s like having a big fat oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, with a big dollop of caramel thrown in for good measure.
Make these cookie bars as soon as possible! You won’t be sorry.
Be sure to save this recipe for Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Old fashioned oats
- Dulce de leche
- Chocolate chips
Dulce de Leche Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Soft oatmeal cookie bars filled with dulce de leche and sprinkled with chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 (14 oz.) cans dulce de leche
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down sides as needed. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, baking soda, flour, and oats. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine. Press two-thirds of the cookie dough into the prepared pan.
- Transfer the Dulce de Leche to a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for about 60 seconds, stirring once halfway through.
- Spread the Dulce de Leche over the cookie dough in the pan. Top with spoonfuls of the remaining cookie dough. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars and serving.
Keywords: bars, oatmeal, cookie, chocolate, dulce de leche
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from High Heels and Grills