KEY LIME BUNDT CAKE — A white cake mix serves as the base for this moist, tangy key lime bundt cake. Don’t forget the zesty, citrus infused key lime glaze!
Key lime is one of those flavors that makes me think of summer. Which is why this Key Lime Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert for any summer time gathering!
I love the refreshing, tart flavor of key lime. And this bundt cake is just bursting with key lime flavor!
And since this dessert feeds a crowd, it’s perfect for taking along to all those summer parties, neighborhood potlucks and backyard barbecues.
Trust me, everyone will be asking you for the recipe for this super moist, super delicious cake. My family certainly couldn’t stop raving about it.
My husband is a key lime fanatic, and he claimed this was one of the best cakes I’ve ever made!
In fact, even with just the four of us at home, it was gone in less than 24 hours. Don’t judge. I do live with teenage boys, after all!
Key lime juice is usually found near the regular lime juice at the grocery store. It’s more intense than regular lime juice, so using it really will make a difference in the flavor of your cake. But you can use regular lime juice in a pinch.
This cake is glazed with a key lime and powdered sugar glaze, which adds even more tangy goodness to an already out-of-this-world dessert.
While this cake is delicious served as is, it’s also wonderful topped with a dollop of whipped cream and some fresh berries.
No matter how you serve it up, you can expect to get rave reviews!
Be sure to save this Key Lime Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Key Lime Bundt Cake
- White cake mix
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Vegetables oil
- Key lime juice
- Powdered sugar
For the cake:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, sugar, oil, and key lime juice. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of cream. Gradually add remaining cream, as needed, until glaze reaches desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cooled cake before serving.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Chef in Training