Easy Barbecue Pineapple Chicken
Chicken breasts are baked in barbecue sauce with pineapple chunks in this easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken for 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden. Chicken will not be cooked through, but will finish cooking in the oven.
- Arrange chicken in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour half of the barbecue sauce over the chicken. Top with pineapple chunks then pour remaining barbecue sauce over pineapple.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Keywords: chicken, barbecue sauce, pineapple