SPICY BAJA SHRIMP TACOS — Breaded shrimp is coated in a creamy, spicy sauce, then served in warm tortillas with tangy coleslaw and green onions. A quick week night meal that will make you feel like you’re eating at your favorite taco truck!
We have a favorite taco shop in town that serves an amazing shrimp taco. These Baja Shrimp Tacos are our attempt to recreate that dining experience at home.
And with the help of frozen breaded shrimp, these tacos are so easy to make! You just whip up a spicy sauce to coat your shrimp, along with a simple coleslaw, and you’ve got a delicious meal the whole family will love.
Even my youngest, who doesn’t normally like shrimp, or coleslaw, loved these tacos! And the rest of the family devoured them too.
Which means this is a meal that will be making a regular appearance on our dinner menu.
In addition to using frozen breaded shrimp, I like to start off my coleslaw with a pre-shredded cabbage mix. I simply add some sliced red onions and chopped cilantro to give it a homemade taste.
I’m all for shortcuts in the kitchen! Especially if they save me from breading and frying my own seafood. Or shredding an entire head of cabbage!
The creamy sauce, with a hint of Sriracha heat, is definitely my favorite thing about these tacos. I like to have extra sauce available to serve on the side, because it’s just SO good.
My family prefers flour tortillas, but corn would work just as well. Lately I’ve been picking up the really small, street taco sized tortillas at the grocery store. They make us feel even more like we’re eating at our favorite taco joint!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal that will have everyone going back for seconds, you’ve got to try these Baja Shrimp Tacos!
Be sure to save this recipe for Spicy Baja Shrimp Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Frozen breaded shrimp
- Sour cream
- Soy sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Produce: coleslaw mix, red onion, green onions, cilantro
- Lime juice
- Flour tortillas
- 18 ounces frozen, breaded popcorn shrimp
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cups prepared coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Chopped green onions, for serving
- Flour tortillas, for serving
- Cook shrimp according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare the baja sauce by whisking together mayonnaise, sour cream, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, cilantro, red onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the cooked shrimp in a large bowl and toss with desired amount of sauce. Serve in warm tortillas topped with coleslaw mixture, chopped green onions, and additional sauce, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 756 Total Fat: 75g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 60g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 1603mg Carbohydrates: 84g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 58g Protein: 8g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Slow Cooker Korean Pork BBQ Tacos
Pork is slow cooked until tender, then shredded and served in tortillas with a sweet and spicy sauce and simple cabbage slaw in these unique and delicious tacos.Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos
Slow cooked shredded pork is seasoned with Caribbean spices and served in tortillas with fresh pineapple salsa.Get the Recipe
Ranch BLT Chicken Tacos
Grilled chicken is served up in soft tortillas with bacon, lettuce, tomato and Ranch dressing in this crowd pleasing taco recipe.Get the Recipe
Slow Cooker Pineapple Green Chile Pork Tacos
Slow cooked pork with a green chile pineapple marinade, served in warm flour or corn tortillas.Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe, inspired by our favorite local taco shop.