Blueberries and Cream Dump Cake
This easy dump cake begins with a yellow cake mix and features fresh blueberries and a blueberry whipped cream Greek yogurt topping.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (6 oz.) container Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large (12-inch) cast iron skillet or a 9×13-inch baking dish with softened butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Add the blueberries to the prepared baking dish. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon zest. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the blueberry mixture. Pour the melted butter over the cake mix, but do not stir.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cake bakes, whip the cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in the blueberry yogurt.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, topped with a dollop of the blueberry cream and fresh blueberries, if desired.
Keywords: blueberry, dump cake