PUMPKIN CRANBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS — Tender pumpkin muffins are studded with fresh cranberries and topped with a cinnamon pecan streusel in this not-too-sweet pastry that’s perfect for breakfast or snacking.
Muffins are a favorite grab and go breakfast at my house and it’s the perfect time of year for making these Pumpkin Cranberry Streusel Muffins.
These muffins are loaded with so many wonderful fall flavors, like pumpkin and cranberry (of course), plus cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and allspice. So they don’t just taste delicious, they smell delicious while they’re baking.
And don’t forget about the buttery, cinnamon infused pecan streusel. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never met a muffin that wasn’t improved with some streusel topping.
When you add the streusel to these muffins, you’re going to feel like it’s way too much. But trust me. Go ahead and pile it on, because when these muffins bake, that streusel is going to spread, and you’ll end up with just the right amount.
Walnuts make a great substitution for the pecans, or if nuts aren’t your thing, you can leave them out of the streusel all together. But whatever you do, don’t skip the streusel!
These muffins aren’t overly sweet, which I prefer when I’m enjoying a muffin for breakfast or a late night snack. And my kids love enjoying these muffins after school with an ice cold glass of milk.
Of course, the streusel can get a little messy, so I usually insist they sit at the table–what is it about teenage boys that makes them wander the house with food?
These muffins were a wonderful addition to my fall baking this season. The flavors, colors and scents were all perfect for enjoying this time of year. I hope you love these pumpkin and cranberry muffins and much as I did.
Be sure to save this recipe for Pumpkin Cranberry Streusel Muffins to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pumpkin Cranberry Streusel Muffins
- Baking powder
- Spices: cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt
- Pumpkin puree
- Fresh cranberries
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
Pumpkin Cranberry Streusel Muffins
Tender pumpkin muffins are studded with fresh cranberries and topped with a cinnamon pecan streusel in this not-too-sweet pastry that’s perfect for breakfast or snacking.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
For the streusel:
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices. Toss cranberries into flour mixture to coat.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, vanilla and milk. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- To make the streusel, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle streusel generously over batter. Bake muffins for 17-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Keywords: pumpkin, cranberry, muffins, streusel
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe