Slow Cooker Cherry Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is slow cooked with a cherry balsamic glaze in this easy recipe that’s simple enough for week nights, but fancy enough for company.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.5-2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork roast and brown on all sides. Place roast in a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup water, sage, thyme and rosemary. cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours, or until tender and cooked through.
- While roast is cooking, combine cherry preserves, balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons water, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Reserve 1/2 to 3/4 cup of glaze for serving.
- Use remaining glaze to baste pork roast a few times during cooking. Slice roast and serve with reserved cherry balsamic glaze.
Keywords: pork, tenderloin, cherry, balsamic vinegar