COCONUT CREAM PIE BARS — Layers of sweetened cream cheese, coconut cream pudding and homemade whipped cream come together on a pecan shortbread crust in this creamy dessert that’s perfect for any summer celebration!
I recently purchased some coconut cream pudding from Amazon (because I needed it for a recipe and couldn’t find it at my local store). But of course, I had to buy six boxes of coconut cream pudding!
These Coconut Cream Pie Bars are one of the many delicious ways I’ve come up with to use my supply of coconut cream pudding mix. I’m starting to think that having a stash of instant coconut pudding isn’t such a bad thing after all.
These bars start with a baked pecan shortbread crust, although I imagine you could also do a graham cracker crust, or shortbread minus the nuts. Then there are creamy layers of sweetened cream cheese, coconut pudding, and whipped cream.
I sprinkled my bars with some finely chopped pecans. But a bit of toasted coconut would be another great garnish. Or you could go all out and use pecans and coconut!
My family loved this dessert! My husband is a huge fan of any kind of cream pie like dessert, so it came as no surprise that the entire 9×13 pan was gone in a bout 24 hours.
But that’s okay, because I still have several boxes of coconut cream pie pudding mix to use, and this dessert was so easy to put together, I’m already looking forward to making and eating it again.
Be sure to save this recipe for Coconut Cream Pie Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Instant coconut cream pudding
- Heavy cream
For the crust
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the bars
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (3.5 oz.) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix ingredients for crust until well combined. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden. Chill until cold.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Refrigerate while you prepare the whipped cream. In a medium bowl, beat the the heavy cream and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate while you prepare the pudding. Refrigerate the remaining whipped cream.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Spread over cream cheese layer and chill until set.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the pudding layer. Garnish with chopped pecans or toasted coconut, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 348 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 225mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Blackberry Lemonade Pie
This sweet and tangy swirled pie combines sweetened cream cheese, whipped cream, fresh lemon juice and blackberry preserves in a vanilla cookie crumb crust.
Frozen Raspberry Oreo Dessert
This frozen dessert combines the flavors of raspberry, chocolate and vanilla in a layered ice cream treat everyone will rave about!
Peanut Buster Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Ice cream sandwiches are layered with hot fudge, peanut butter, whipped cream and chopped peanuts in this decadent ice cream cake creation.
Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
This easy but elegant dessert features a homemade blueberry sauce layered with store bought pound cake and a sweet cream cheese filling. Perfect for any occasion!
Blackberry Yogurt Oat Bars
Fresh blackberries are the star of these cookie bars, which feature a ribbon of creamy blackberry yogurt in the center and a crumbly oatmeal topping.
No-Bake Cheesecake Mousse
This light, creamy no-bake cheesecake mousse comes together in about 20 minutes and is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes