APPLE CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR GLAZE — This moist, spiced caked is studded with fresh apples and finished off with a sweet brown sugar glaze. The perfect cake for fall baking!
I saw this Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze over at Lick the Bowl Good a few weeks ago and made it that very day. My kids smelled it baking and kept asking when it would be done.
After tasting it, they proclaimed it the best cake they’ve ever had! I think it was even better the next day. In fact, I made this cake again the same week, and I don’t repeat recipes very often.
This was one of the best apple cakes I’ve ever had. It was just so buttery and fragrant and flavorful. ~ Monica
It’s so moist and delicious, and tastes a lot like a caramel apple. What’s not to love about that? If you don’t have any heavy cream handy for the frosting, evaporated milk is a good substitute.
This apple cake is one of my favorite fall recipes, and a must make when apple season rolls around. But don’t wait until then to make it. This cake is definitely one that I plan on baking year round.
If you decide to share with your neighbors, be prepared to get asked for the recipe. This cake is destined to become a family favorite!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Baking soda
- Spices: salt, cinnamon
- Canola oil
- Pecans or walnuts
- Brown sugar
- Heavy cream
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and foamy. Add the oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a spoon and continue stirring the batter until the flour disappears.
- Add the apples and nuts; mix well.
- Scrape the batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set the cake on a wire rack.
- While the cake is still hot, prepare the glaze.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, vanilla and heavy cream in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture comes to a gentle boil. Continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the hot glaze over the still warm cake.
- Let the glazed cake cool completely before serving straight from the pan.
Love this cake!! I first tried it when I was visiting my brother. His roommate was making this and we had to try it. We loved it so much we had to make our own. Thank you for sharing!!! ~ Marperla
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: