If you’re looking for a fresh new way to serve Brussels sprouts, then I’ve got the perfect recipe for you! This Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Salad with Cranberries is easily the tastiest thing I’ve every done with Brussels sprouts.
After experiencing this salad, I may never eat cooked Brussels sprouts again! Which isn’t really saying much, since I rarely eat cooked Brussels sprouts to begin with. The point is, I absolutely loved this salad, and kept wondering why I’d never though of using Brussels sprouts in a slaw-like salad before. They are, after all, a lot like tiny cabbages.
It doesn’t take long to finely slice your Brussels sprouts by hand, but if you want a really fine shred, run them through a food processor. Just be sure not to mix everything up until right before serving. You don’t want your delicious salad getting soggy.
Brussels Sprout & Bacon Salad with Cranberries
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Juice of one orange
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 dozen Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice and zest, orange juice, shallot, and garlic.
- Pour the oil into the bowl in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until mixture is more creamy than transparent. Stir in sugar then season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a food processor or mandolin, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts (not including the stems) to make a shredded/slaw texture.
- When ready to serve, toss the Brussels sprouts with the dressing. Stir in the bacon, almonds and dried cranberries.
Be sure to save this delicious salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Kale and Almond Salad with Lemon and Parmesan
Kale, Olive and Chickpea Salad
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Meg @ Sweet Twist
This sounds wonderful. I am going to pin this for my holiday party!
This comment has been removed by the author.
First, let me tell you… I HATE Brussels sprouts. That is, until I made this salad the other day. This was ABSOLUTELY delicious! Instead of shredded sprouts, I made this more as a chopped salad texture. Also used those honey roasted almond slices to kick up the sweetness a notch. Next time I may hold back a little on the shallots (personal preference). Thanks, Danelle, for changing up my boring salad routine!!
What is the serving size