CHIPOTLE BRISKET SLIDERS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS — Smoky, slow cooked beef brisket, served in slider buns with caramelized onions.
I don’t know about you, but we’re pretty excited for football season around here! I admit, I get just as excited about all the yummy tailgate food as I do about the games.
And we’ll be serving these Chipotle Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions often this football season.
LOOOVE this recipe, although I can only get chipotle powder where I live – but it was still delicious, and now a family favourite. Thank you. ~ BJ
These tasty little sandwiches are served on King’s Hawaiian Rolls, which were a perfect compliment to the spicy pork, caramelized onions and melted cheese.
We’ve been making Mini Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with King’s Hawaiian Rolls for years. They’re a football season favorite!
And just like our old favorite, these sweet and spicy shredded beef sandwiches are going to be gone by halftime.
King’s Hawaiian has been making premium bakery products for over 60 years. They’re a family owned company that always uses high quality ingredients and takes special care when crafting their rolls and breads.
They also make hot dog and hamburger buns (perfect for tailgating season), using the same irresistibly sweet recipe as their dinner rolls.
They can be found with the other King’s Hawaiian products in the Deli/Bakery section of your local grocery store.
My family loved these so much, I made them twice in one week! And my boys happily ate the leftovers for lunch the next day.
We served our sandwiches with our favorite tortilla chips and the Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dip that I shared yesterday.
With the juicy chipotle barbecue beef, these sliders really don’t need any other condiments, but this Jalapeno Ranch Dip is the perfect spread if you’re looking to add a little extra kick to your sandwich.
We used King’s Hawaiian Honey Wheat Rolls, but their original rolls would be just as delicious.
We thought Havarti cheese was perfect in this recipe, but go ahead and use your favorite. It’s going to be delicious either way!
Be sure to save this recipe for Chipotle Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chipotle Beef Brisket Sliders
- Beef brisket
- Produce: onion, garlic
- Beef broth
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Canned chilies in adobo
- Spices: paprika, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper
- King’s Hawaiian rolls
- Havarti cheese
For the beef:
- 2 pound beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 canned chilies in adobo, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 8 slices Havarti cheese, cut into quarters
For the caramelized onions:
- 3 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the brisket and chopped onion in the bowl of a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, beef broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chilies in adobo, and spices. Pour over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and shred. Cover and keep warm.
- Pour the sauce from the slow cooker through a fine mesh sieve into a medium saucepan. Simmer for 15-20 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens and reduces by about half. Toss the shredded meat with the sauce.
- While brisket is cooking, caramelize your onions. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are dark golden brown. If you make the onions earlier in the day, reheat them before serving.
- Slice King's Hawaiian rolls horizontally. Pile beef on the bottom half of the buns. Top with a quarter slice of cheese and some caramelized onions. Add the top half of the bun and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 439mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 27g
These sweet and spicy sliders are sure to be a hit at your next game day gathering. Guests won’t even wait for the commercials to go back for seconds!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for King’s Hawaiian. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.