Whenever I have an abundance of strawberries my husband’s first request is for strawberry pie. So I decided to combine his love of strawberry pie with his love of chocolate covered strawberries in this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie.
The combination of creamy chocolate filling with fresh strawberries and chocolate ganache was brilliant! Honestly, the chocolate pie on its own is pretty amazing, but the strawberries take it to a whole new level.
I have made this with both homemade whipped cream and frozen whipped topping, and while both work, the frozen stuff does tend to set up better.
You may not use all the chocolate ganache, but a little extra ganache never hurt anyone!
P.S. I really hope you like strawberries, because there will probably be a lot of strawberry recipes coming your way in the next few weeks.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie
- 1 (14.3 oz.) package Oreos
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (the big tub)
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies to form crumbs. Stir in melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, with an electric or stand mixer, beat melted chocolate with sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust and smooth top. (If you can' t quite fit it all,just serve the extra as mousse.)
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- To make the ganache, heat 1/2 cup cream to just a simmer. Pour over semi-sweet chocolate in a small bowl and whisk until shiny and smooth; cool to room temperature (mixture should still be runny enough to drizzle).
- Before serving, arrange strawberry halves over pie.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over strawberries. Serve immediately, or return to refrigerator until serving.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.
I’ll be right over-
oh my word Danelle. On the menu pronto- thank you
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats
OH Wow! I could be in trouble after seeing this recipe. Love the strawberries, the oreo crust, chocolate filling… save me a piece please!
Ooh, sorry Krista…it’s all gone! 😉
Deadly. I want a big slice right now!
This looks absolutely delicious!!! However I think I would make it a peanut butter cream cheese pie with chocolate gonache on the bottom….then all the strawberries on top….yum
How did you make it with homemade whipped cream? After reading the label on cool whip, I can’t bring myself to use it anymore.
Came out nothing like the picture
Would it be wise to cut up strawberries and mix them into the filling?
I think it would be fine Ruth. Although there is a chance they might water down the filling a bit, and the pie would probably not keep for as long with strawberries in the filling.
I don’t see anything in the recipe which lists how many Oreo cookies are required for the crust.
One full package. I corrected the recipe!