Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, so it seemed like the perfect time to introduce you to this amazing Churro Popcorn. Once you start eating it, you won’t be able to stop! Consider yourself warned. Even better, it’s super simple to make and comes together with just a handful of ingredients. I like to keep a few bags of cinnamon chips in my freezer, since they can sometimes be tricky to find. You can order them from Amazon if you can’t find them locally. But trust me, this popcorn is totally worth hunting some down!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugars and cinnamon.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the cinnamon chips and vegetable oil at 50% power for one minute. Stir. Return to the microwave at 15 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the melted cinnamon chips over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheets to cool completely. Enjoy!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cheeky Kitchen